Monday, March 31, 2008

Dance party fever

I forgot how much I love to dance. I mean really dance, like throw your old back out and hurt your knee dance. Do you remember coming home from school dances and the next morning your whole body would ache because you danced so much. Yes, I miss that. If you hurt really bad it meant you had tons of fun at the dance the night before. Grace had her Hannah Montana dance party and the girls had a blast just like that. I bought platic medallions on a ribbon and we had ourselves a dance competition. I sent half of the girls into the youth room of the church and the other half stayed in the hall. I turned on the song that they would make up the moves to and let them have at it. Once the song was over each group got to show off the moves they made up. Yes, kind and gentle reader that does mean that I "got" to listen to the same song three times over. It was so worth it to see the girls have so much fun. We did two songs and each group won once. They loved it so much that they wanted to do it again. They split into different teams and then danced to do two different songs. Again, some how they managed to each win one more time :) Listening to 4 Hannah Montana songs 3 times each takes one and a half hours in case you are wondering. I must say that I had a bit of a headache when it was all over but it was so worth it. A few times I got out there with the girls and busted a move. It was fun. No other adults there, just me and a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds that didn't care how silly I looked dancing with them. Wouldn't you have loved to be a fly on the wall that day? I didn't get to play "Pin the Kiss on Troy" but they loved that game and giggled the whole time they played. Sylvia rocked the house and won on that game. She got him right on the kisser. That kid has got some aim! She told me as her team waited their turn to dance that Grace has the best birthday parties ever. I know it is silly but that meant so much to me that they had a good time. I hope Grace will remember the parties and sleepovers and have fond memories.

We had a family party at Zanders the next day and got to see almost all of the cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. It was a good time too. We had Zanders icecream cake....need I say more? I have had people tell me that I go overboard for her birthday and I probably always will. I love to celebrate the day that God gave me the joy of my life in a big way. She is such a special girl and I love her so very much. Plus, I really wanted the trampoline too.....lol :)

10 comments:

Anna Osmon said...

If I had a Kid like Grace I'd have a dance party too :)

Unknown said...

bev,

will you throw me a birthday party?

beverlyj said...

Yep, we are so having a dance party for your next birthday!

Lauren said...

Where'd you come up with the Troy idea? that's what my college girls did for Valentine's.

I am sad because I can't go to my college dance party. :(

but Seth isn't...lol.

by the way, I think all five of us--anna, laur, b, bev, and carol-should get our groove on sometime.

beverlyj said...

The Troy thing was just something I came up with. I like to plan little parties and I try to come up with fun things to do. Aww :( that is sad about your dance party. I know you were looking forward to it. I am sure Seth was too! lol We WILL have to get the girls together and have a dance party of our own. That would be fun. No stinky boys allowed. They wouldn't dance anyway. Just like high school!

Carol said...

carol doesn't dance...um...it's against her religion...yeah, that's it. But I would love a girly night together! :)

beverlyj said...

Yes Carol will dance! You will be among friends silly. Nothing to be embarrassed about. If you will I will and I haven't dance in front of anyone since high school!

Anna Osmon said...

awe Yay Dance!!! :) lol.

It reminds me of a quote from a student council event..

"I don't dance like that! I like to leave room for the Holy Spirit!!"

And Carol you have to dance. Have the fun is just being silly :)

beverlyj said...

Nope you don't want to be grinding on the holy spirit that is not cool.

What date is good for everyone for our super duper silly funny awsome girls only dance party?

Anna Osmon said...

Hmm Soon. Maybe like after I find out about camp. So that way if I don't get the job we can dance and cheer me up and then if I do, well we can dance and celebrate :) lol just a thought

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)