Monday, March 10, 2008

Rest in peace little buddy Fez

I am so very sad. Sad really doesn't cover it. Fez died in my arms tonight. He was feeling a little under the weather today and to tell you the truth I didn't think much of it because he still ate his treat and went outside to play for a bit. I left at 3 to go get Grace from school and he was in his house acting a little ick but nothing to indicate he was dying. By the time I got home from taking Grace to dance class (around 7ish) he was in a bad way. He was vomiting blood and not able to hold his bladder. I called all of the vets in the book and couldn't get anyone to answer. He was fading really fast. I decided the best thing to do was just hold him and make him comfortable until he died. I could tell he was about to go so I took him outside because that was his favorite place to be. As I sat on the ground holding him Layla came to him and put her nose to his. He opened his eyes and whined some. Layla turned and walked away and he closed his little eyes and died. I just about lost my mind. I know I have talked about how dumb he was, and he was. But, he was my dog. He was dumb and annoying, most of the time he was a waste of a good dog and I loved him. Every ounce of the sweet dumb dog. Layla is so sad. Fez was her friend and constant companion. I swear to you that she cried real doggy tears. She is one depressd little lady. The pain that Grace is feeling is out of this world. She just cried and cried. Her heart is broken. Today has NOT been a good day for her. She just found out she is getting glasses and then her dog dies. Nice. When I could really tell that he was dying I let her say good bye to him. I think it will help her in the long run. I will never be able to thank Jim enough for coming over so late at night and helping Garry bury Fez. It meant so much to us. Who else would come over and help you dig a hole (getting all muddy) after he has worked all day and JUST got home? He is a good man. Thanks Jim. I know we can get another dog and we probably will, but no other dog will replace Fez in ANY of our hearts. I will miss that sweet little face, so happy to see me no matter if I was gone for 10 hours or 10 minutes. Bye little buddy.

5 comments:

Anna Osmon said...

this note seriously made me cry :( I'm sorry Bev. I love Doggies.

Carol said...

I am so, so sorry! Gee, maybe we need to have some sort of pet blessing...been a tough week for us and you. Love you guys - and I can't wait to see Grace in glasses. :)

beverlyj said...

I think I may put Layla and the cat in a bubble. A pet blessing wouldn't be a bad idea at this point. Her glasses will be here in about 2 weeks. They had to send them off special because my little princess is almost legally blind.

Unknown said...

:(

Still feeling really bad for everyone. I'm even going to miss him. He was seriously the cutest little dog ever. He didn't HAVE to be smart because he was so darn cute. I'm going to miss the look of fear he gave me every time I entered the room. And I'm definitely going to miss saying "don't pet him, he'll pee!" Poor little Fez. And I'm glad Jim coming over helped- it's weird to know what the right thing to do is, and Jim always knows. You should have heard the kids prayers... heartbreaking they love you so much and were so worried about you guys. We love you. Time for new pups ALL around.

beverlyj said...

Becky, that note made me laugh and cry. We love you guys too. I will miss Fez so much even if we couldn't pet him...or talk to him....or look at him. I agree with the puppies for everyone. If only there could be free.

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)