Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It finally happened.....

I mentioned in my last post that Grace is getting glases. I really suspected she needed them a year ago when she was getting the headaches. I took her to get her eyes checked and the guy told me she was borderline and that he didn't see the need to give her glasses at that point. I thought that was a little strange because I really thought she needed them. She sits so close to the computer and just squints a lot. But, an eye Dr. I am not so I went with what the professional said. Yesterday I took Grace to the eye Dr. here in Bicknell (not the same one she had been to before, my insurance changed and I don't HAVE to go there anymore). He came out and told me that he doesn't take this kind of thing lightly and I got kind of freaked out, then he preceeded to tell me that Grace is almost legally blind. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Poor baby! She can't see a thing that is far away. He let her look out the window with some sort of glasses he was checking her eyes with and she was so excited because everything wasn't so small anymore. I knew something was wrong and I should have went somewhere else, insurance or no insurance, and had her checked again. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess. No pun intended. LOL. She was excited at first to get glasses and now she is thinking it might not be that cool to have to wear glasses all the time. She picked out some super sheek black plastic ones with pink on the inside. Tali helped her pick them out which I think was kind of special for both of them. She also helped her pick out the glasses case. It is teal of course! So in a few weeks my little princess won't be as blind as a bat anymore.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Tell Grace I can't wait to see her new glasses!

Anna Osmon said...

i'm sure she picked out a super cute pair :) So she'll look Fab! :)

Seth said...

Glass are cool. Only cool people have them.

beverlyj said...

I am here to tell you that she looks super cute in them! She may have them by Easter. Yes agree Seth, only cool people wear glasses. I hope she learns to like them. I think she will since she will be able to see.

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)