Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My heart





I have often wondered what I did with my life before I had Grace. I must have watched a ton of T.V.! When I held that tiny baby in my arms for the first time I thought my heart might just burst from the happiness. I remembered that joy anew today. I got the chance to hang out with my little sister today for a bit. She has two babies. One is 17 months old and the other is 5 months old. The older one was asleep when I got there to pick my sister up so I didn't get the chance to see him. I was kind of sad because I hadn't seen either of them for a long time. I walked up to Jolie and took her from my mom and she gave me the biggest smile you can imagine. It was really the first time I had seen her smile and laugh and know she was doing it and not just passing a gas bubble :) It almost made me cry. She made me remember my little baby Grace when she was that small. She looks just like Grace when she was little. We don't have babies we have clones according to my Mom. Holding Jolie also made me realize that no matter how old Grace gets she will always be my little baby. Think she will still want to snuggle with Mom on the couch when she is 20? I hope so.

5 comments:

Anna Osmon said...

Yay Bev has a blog too! :)

Carol said...

Bev had to join to cool blog world, too, huh? :) I'm really glad you did!

Toni Stubbs (Mahaney) said...

Of course she will want to snuggle with you when she is 20 - I still snuggle with my parents and well let's just say I am a tad over 20! ;) Not much of course! he, he, he

Toni Stubbs (Mahaney) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren said...

I loved loved loved snuggling with my mom too--it was my favorite way to spend every Friday night!

I am excited to read your heart, Bev. Glad you're blogging--hope you don't mind that I linked your blog on my page.

love you lady and you precious Gracie too!

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)