Friday, March 21, 2008

Ask and thy shall recieve

Some of you may know that there are some little girls of the church that are interested in doing a dance for the church like Grace and Tali do sometimes. I have been racking my brain for what song to do. Three times I have had "the perfect song". Three times I have been told NOPE NOT THE ONE! Sometimes you just know when something isn't right even though it is what you may want. (Not about what I want right? *sigh*). I finally asked for help. Seth sat with me in his office, MP3 player in hand and let me go through song after song to find the "right one". Did I mention how patient this man is? I am soooooooo picky when it comes to the song. It has to have the right eight count and it also has to be very distcriptive. You have to be able to listen to the song and get the message right away. Can't make the dear audience have to think too hard about it or they spend too much time trying to figure out the song and not enough watching the dance. Being descriptive also helps to make up the dance. I know it is strange but it makes total sense in my head. Seth helped me find the song "Here I am Lord" by the Micah Tawlk Band. I listened to it for a few days anytime I was in the car to get the feel of it. Tonight I sat down to map out the dance for the girls and it took me little to no time at all. It was really a blessing. Sure, things will get changed a bit. I like to have Becky put her two cents in and tweek what she thinks may need to be tweeked. Sometimes it even gets changed on the fly as the girls are learning if something just isn't working out. Not only was the right song sent my way but I learned a valuable lesson, it is ok to ask for help. Sometimes I have to learn a lesson more than once. We will see if this one sticks. :) I can't wait for you all to see the little ones dance their little hearts out for Jesus in all of their pink tutu glory!

4 comments:

Anna Osmon said...

Awe Yay I LOVE when the girls dance! Its so adorable and truly Seeing the gift that God blessed them with is wonderful :)

And if someone doesnt like it we can kick em in the knee :)

Unknown said...

LOVE that song! LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see what you've worked up, I know it will be beautiful!!!

and I totally dig that I get to be the official tweeker LOL

Love ya sister!

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see it :)

love you.

beverlyj said...

Lauren you rock :) Anna, we will so kick em in the knee! Becky, you have always been my official tweeker I was just sneaky about picking your brain!...lol. Now at least you know :)

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)