Sunday, June 22, 2008

She melts me

Yesterday Garry and I took Grace to Monroe City for his Mom to watch her while we went out to dinner. As we drove down the road I noticed how beautiful the sun was coming through the rain clouds. It was beaming down in streams of light. I told Grace to look and she said she thought it looked like God was coming to earth. I asked her what would happen if God came to earth. She said that all the people that believe in Jesus would go back home with him. She asked me if she would be able to go with him. I told her that God knows what is in her heart and that she didn't have to worry. I told her why people get baptized and told her that there was nothing magic in the water and she didn't have to worry about that right now. She seemed happy with that answer so I was a little surprised when all on her own she went to ask Seth if she could be baptized. I had a hunch that is what she and Tali wanted when they went on the mission looking for him. Grace was so honest and pure in her answers to Seth's questions that I kept tearing up and couldn't help smiling at the same time. She cracked me up when she called the valley between us and God the "sin pit". Lauren got to pray with her and she was so patient and loving.
I will never forget this special moment in Grace's life with such special people whom we both love. It is amazing that Grace gets to share this with her best friend Tali. It is also amazing that I get to share this with my best friend Becky.
As we left the church I gave Grace a hug and told her she was the reason I started coming to church. I felt like I wasn't equipped to answer the big questions and I wanted to raise her knowing the love of God. I wanted her to know the love of a church family and be involved with the community in a positive way. I got all of that and so much more. God is so good.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so wonderful! I'm so happy for Grace. She's an amazing girl. I can't wait to see what God brings her in the future.

beverlyj said...

Thank you Nicole. She has good role models like you to look up to :)

Anna Osmon said...

YaY! Yay! Yay! :) Love you both! I'm soo excited for her and Tali!

beverlyj said...

Wish you could be there Anna!

Lauren said...

YAY!

Anna Osmon said...

I am going to be there! :)

beverlyj said...

Yay!!!!

beverlyj said...

Just noticed how many Yay's are on this post lol. Yay.

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)