Wednesday, June 4, 2008

At least Grace didn't get that hurt :)

We got new bikes! I wrecked my new bike! I jacked up my ankle! It really sucks! LOL I think we had the bikes for a total of 10 minutes. Ok, maybe 15 minutes. We took the bikes out around a few blocks to ride with Grace. She weaved over and stopped right in front of me. There was no way I could stop. If I would have swerved I would have taken her out big time. So I tried to jump off and push her out of the way of the bike. She ended up with only a skinned knee but, I really thought for a moment that my foot was broken. Garry had to pick me up. It wasn't pretty. I was laying there on the ground trying to get to her and not being able to get up and Garry is yelling at me to just get up lol. I made him take her home and I hobbled two blocks home clutching the bike for support. I made it. My ankle is going to be even more angry in the morning. I hate it because I am off until Tuesday and I really wanted to do some fun stuff with Grace. Not now. I have to be better by Tuesday. I refuse to have it any other way. I will be working 5 twelve hour days that week. Grrr @ accidents. I feel so thankful that Grace only has a skinned knee. All I could think about when I was pushing her towards the grass was that we forgot her helmet! If anything would have happened to her I would have never forgiven myself. She feels so bad about my foot. Poor thing. It really wasn't her fault. I should have been watching closer I guess. Accidents happen. I tried to tell her that but she isn't having any of it. She is so much like me in that way. She feels guilt whether it is her fault or not. I guess my ankle will go right along with the trimmer I have acquired in my left hand, my left pinky actually. It started Tuesday during the day of Hell on earth and for some reason it is still hanging out. I guess that is what happens when you have a mental break down. It must take a few days for the shakes to go away. My poor body! I think I may need to invest in a bubble for myself. You will visit me in my bubble right?

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hope your bubble has high speed so you can keep up on your blog. :)

I pray that you are pleasantly surprised by how good your ankle feels tomorrow...or by the time you read this, today.

Unknown said...

can i play in your bubble? especially if it's one of those giant ones that you can ride in down the hill. those look like fun (or nauseau wrapped in cellophane, not sure which).

glad your "trimmer" has gone away! LOL :)

lvya!

beverlyj said...

Don't all bubbles have high speed? LOL Thank you for your prayer but alas it feels like poo still. Oh well, it will heal sometime.

Yes, of course you are all invited to the bubble. Don't push it down any hills though unless you want to be caught in a turning, churning vomit machine! Ew! Sorry I confused you with my "trimmer" lol. I can't even imagine how confused I made you with that one. I wish text had grammar and spell check. It might not have helped me on that one though. But thanks just the same it is nice not to have my hand shake like a freak.
Lyva both!

Anna Osmon said...

AWe :( Sorry about your ankle. Hopefully it feels better. I'll pray that your bubble has some high tech fun things :) Love you!

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)