Monday, June 16, 2008

Story to tell

I helped out a fellow stylist at work today by rinsing a condtioner off her customer (the stylist was running WAY behind). I have talked to this girl a few times when she has been in the salon and I really like her. She is the typical kid that has had a lot of things handed to her, like most teens this day and age are. She gets her hair done regularly and her nails too. She always has designer clothes, shoes and bags. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that by the way, just a little back ground to set the stage for the story I have to tell. As I am rinsing her hair she looks up at me and tells me she feels bad for getting her hair done. I am thinking she is feeling bad for running her stylist behind (she called in a panic begging to get in for a clarifying treatment). She goes on to tell me that she has been on a mission trip to Hondurous(spelling?). She tells me that she feels guilty for coming to get her hair done when there are people out in the world that have nothing. She went on to tell me that she felt so bad for the people that she gave away everything that she brought with her right down to her favorite tennis shoes and her face wash. Any girl knows that a good face wash is worth it's weight in gold! She also told me a story of how people on the street have visible body lice and open sores on their bodies and she still hugged them and showed them God's love. She said she could always replace all of those things in time and it meant so much more to those people. She was so blessed by this trip and I was blessed to get to hear her story and tell her how blessed I thought she was. She seemed to be pleased that I understood what she was trying to convey to me. It wasn't like she was wanting a pat on the back for her giving but just to share the joy she got from doing so. It was an amazing experience for her and I thank God for allowing her to share with me.

2 comments:

Carol said...

How cool that you got blessed by helping a friend out! Isn't God good? Great post!

beverlyj said...

She thanked me for helping her and I felt like thanking HER for running behind so I got the chance to be so blessed :)

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)