Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grandma

My Grandma Madge (Dad's Mom) is now living with my Dad and Mom. She moved in today and my Mom was able to set up hospice for her here in Indiana. She was living in Mt. Carmel IL. with her campanion Jack who just passed away this week from cancer. Grandma has cancer too. She is in a good bit of pain right now and her pain medicine is not working as well as it was. I am really glad she was able to move in with them. It is sad that she has had to leave her home of like 18 or 20 years. Most of the people who has been taking care of her is from the Bicknell, Bruceville, Vincennes area. It will be easier for those people that had to travel that far and with the gas prices that will help too. I am hoping to get to spend some more time with her now that she is closer. The last time I was there she wanted to share with me the story of her prayer shawl. Some of the ladies of the Episcopal church she attends got a chance to meet some important people of the church (she didn't say who) and they had these people bless the shawl for her. It was special to her and makes her feel better when she has it on. Lots of people are praying for her and I am asking you my friends to pray for her to be at peace and pain free until God calls her home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am praying for her... and have been... and of course for your mom and dad and rest of the family as well. caregiving is hard work and if there's anything you think i (we) can do in a professional capacity... just have your mom dial 2-1-1 :)

i am amazed that you mentioned a prayer shawl! was just talking with the turtles last night (lol) about an experience i had with a prayer shawl (one in the jewish tradition, called a tallit) and how some day i would love to have one. and here you had just blogged about it!!!! see, a turtle you were meant to be! love ya!

beverlyj said...

I have meant to tell mom that if they needed something to call 211. I thought of it when she told me she was having to call Hospice.

I thought the prayer shawl was pretty amazing and how it made her feel was even more amazing. It is such a comfort to her.

I've got you turtles coming out of my ears. :)

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)