Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lesson learned

I learned a very good lesson today. Don't ever send food back at Ponderosa AKA Pondergrossa. Garry, Grace and I went there tonight for supper upon Grace's request. She likes the buffet and is tickled pink with the ice cream cone after we eat. When we got the steaks that Garry and I ordered they still had some moo in them. They had blood pouring out of them and they had a cold center. No lie! I can eat steak almost mooing but this was just plain raw. The center has to at least be warm for goodness sake. I took the steaks up to our waitress and told her the problem. She directed me to the manager who then took the steaks to get them taken care of. We sat to wait for the return of the steaks. A girl brought them out threw them on the table and almost all but ran away. I am still convinced she was in on the destruction of the food. They burnt them to a crisp. Mine especially was two times smaller than when it left us. Again, I am not all that picky and I can handle a very well done steak if I have to. These things got creamated. I got the attention of the waitress and showed her the problem. She got the manager and I could tell by the look on his face that someone was in DEEP trouble. He shook his head and said, "Now I know he did that to just be smart. I know he did that on purpose!" He was ticked at who ever "he" was that is for sure. He kept saying he was sorry and gave us a gift certificate for the price of our food. That would be great if we ever wanted to go there again! We went ahead and tipped the waitress. It wasn't her fault the dude in the back didn't like being told he had to re-do a steak. So the moral of the story is stop giving Pondergrossa one more try. We always say, "Oh let's give it one more try" because I guess many moons ago we went there and it was ok. We must just hold out hope that we could have that happen again but I guess that one time was a fluke of sorts. I should have taken a picture of my sad sad little steak to share with you the awsomeness of the cooks at Pondergrossa. Trust me, this blog can't even begin to describe the actuall experience. So, the upside to the story is that I didn't over-eat at all :) Yay me!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I totally agree...we optimistically visit pondogrossa about once a year and leave saying we're never going back. Until next year... Sadly, Jim and Amy's has been added to that list, too. (Can I say that?)

beverlyj said...

I have a few places that I have sworn off and I always end up going back at some point just to relearn the lesson I already knew. Sometimes I need a lesson more than once!

Lauren said...

My favorite part was "Those things got cremated..."

I laughed aloud in my office!

beverlyj said...

Was it my awful spelling or the fact that someone actually served a steak burnt beyond recognition and expected not to get called out on it? lol :)

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)