Monday, July 21, 2008

It's not fair!

It's not fair. The fair is in Bicknell. No really. It's not fair. Trying to explain to an 8 year old why we CAN'T go to the fair every single night is a chore. In the same breath I am trying to also explain to her why it is not ever a good idea to ride anything that has been put together in one after noon. I just don't trust those rides. For as much as it costs to ride those things in one day you can go to Holiday World and at least trust the rides your kid is on.

Don't get me wrong there are things I enjoy at the fair. I like to take Grace to see the animals and she loves it. I also like to see Grace's 4-H project on display. She is so proud and so am I! It warms my heart to see her little projects she has done all by herself.

When she gets big enough she really wants to take a pig to the 4-H fair. Can you imagine my little princess showing a big pig at the fair? Me either! Haley Wampler was telling her she should do it and that she was sure her dad wouldn't mind if she kept it with their pigs. Gee thanks Haley! An animal at the fair means a WHOLE week of living there day and night to take care of the animal. No thanks. Time will tell and I have learned to never say never.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

1. I actually heard a conversation taking place between Garry and Grace last night about the rides. It was really funny to listen to.

2. I love the fair. For one night only, I love it. Bev, I am like you... I get my lemon shake-up and move on in life.

beverlyj said...

Grace knows how to work her daddy that is for sure! She did get to go on the slide. I guess Garry figured it would be the least dangerous! LOL If it wasn't for her 4-H projects I would pay my $2 to get in, go get food and turn around and leave! Just FYI...I make better lemon shak-ups than the fair. Ask Becky. :)

Carol said...

Oohhh...I want a lemon shake-up Bev! Teach me. :)

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)