Friday, January 2, 2009

She is so sensitive

Grace wears her heart on her sleeve. Anyone who knows her knows this about her. She can not stand for someone to be upset with her or not like her. She will do whatever it takes to make it right. If she and Tali have a fight it usually ends with Grace feeling bad and crying and Tali crying because Grace is upset and crying. There are certain songs that she just can't stand to hear because she says they remind her of animals that have gone to be with Jesus. Last year we lost Fez our dog and Sauce our cat. It was so very hard for her. She can't stand for you to even mention their names. Grace did some scrapping with her Aunt Becky and Tali and T-Bird had a picture of Sauce when he was a kitten (we got Sauce from them). Grace just about started to cry. It has been since July that he has been gone and she still gets all weepy about him. I have to admit I don't really know what to do for her sometimes. My first reaction is to try to nip it in the bud and tell her to stop. I know that sounds harsh but once she gets going there is no stopping the fountain from flowing. She just cries and cries. It usually works if I can get her to control herself quickly, but if she gets that first tear out it is all over. Waterworks here we come.
She feels SO much for other people and animals. If she see's someone walking in the cold she will comment on how she wishes they didn't have to. She may see a stray cat and worry about it for the rest of the day, whether or not it has food or shelter. She really freaks if she see's an ambulance. She just about can't take not knowing if the person is ok. It makes me wonder if she will be a nurse or maybe a teacher, someone who helps other people. She really cares. It is an amazing gift and I hope she never looses the passion and compassion she feels for other people and animals. She is a prime example of child like faith and trust and I hope she never looses that either. Yes she is so sensitive but though it is hard at times I wouldn't change her for the world.

No comments:

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)