Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ode' to my cell phone....

You tell me the time and even the date. You tell me my events and if I am late. You wake me up and keep me in touch. Without you I can't do much. You help with my business and my social life too! You play my music, take pics, is there nothing you can't do? Oh how I adore you cell phone, my eletronic leash. You mess with my cell phone and I cut you capiche?

Lauren's plight in her dead cell phone inspired me to write this. LOL! Poor Lauren. I thought about my cell dying and it actually scared me a bit. How sad for me that I am that addicted. I have actually turned around and went home if I have left my phone there. Granted I need it for making my appointments but it really shouldn't warrant that level of panick in me that it does. What sad little creatures of habit we have all become. What ever did we do before cell phones? Before texting? Society as a whole was a lot less annoying that is for sure! Still, I do really have a sick affection for my cell phone. "Hi. My name is Beverly and I can't go 10 minutes without my cell phone". Baby steps.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I got a little teary eyed...

beverlyj said...

Don't worry Becky 12 steps can help you too.

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)