Saturday, May 10, 2008

YOU'RE 30?!!

What is so wrong with being 30? I tell people I am 30 and they always say, "Oh you don't look 30", like I am supposed to be flattered. I know they mean well, but really what is so wrong with being 30 and looking 30? I think I look 30 and I don't mind it a bit. This happened to me today where how old I am came up and of course I tell them because I don't care that I am 30. People act like being older is a disease or something. It really makes me laugh. The girl that asked me that acted like she gave me a huge compliment by telling me I don't look it. She actually said, "I made your day now!" Ummm. The only thing you did was make me laugh. I told her, "No not really I don't mind being 30. It is better than being dead." She didn't know what to say to that. She was silent for a long time and then mummbled "I guess that is a good way to look at it". Yea for being 30 and yea for growing up and yea for not being dead lol :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

yes. I hear people who are thirty are cool.

beverlyj said...

Thanks....or at least they are old enough to not care if other people think they are! LOL

Unknown said...

i love the fact that you now have a label that is "Not dead".

that's fantastic :)

beverlyj said...

Thanks Becky :) and the fact that some people would rather be dead than 30 (or more) is also funny. Poor silly people!

Anna Osmon said...

I am pretty sure I was there for this!

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)