Thursday, February 26, 2009

Love the not so lovable

I have a little old lady that drive me batty. She wants me to curl her hair using no product, no teasing it and NO HAIRSPRAY. Then you know what she does the next week she comes in? DO YOU KNOW? She yells at me for her hair not staying. She tells me she hates my hair no matter how I wear it. She comes 15 minutes early and sits and stares at me and huffs like a bull the whole time she is waiting. She threatens me that she is going to go to J.C. Penney's to get her hair done because I just don't give her the time she wants (she was in the nursing home for a month and a half and I didn't keep her standing open, so when she came back it took a few weeks to get the EXACT time she wanted....it was only one hour later one time.) She tells me I am way to heavy for my height and that I scrub her head to hard. Then she tells me I didn't get in good enough behind her ears and neckline when I shampoo her hair. She smells like B.O. and pee. She has a mullet. Yes. The elusive female mullet. Did I mention that I love that little old lady? Everytime she leaves I tell her how good it was to see her this week and I look forward to seeing her next week. Most of the time I even mean it. :) She only gets out once a week and it is to come see me. The rest of the time she is stuck in the house. I get a feeling she is treating me like she would her family. Kind of backward way of showing someone you like them by telling them how bad they suck and that you hate their hair do, but it is her way. She has taught me patience. I thank God for putting her in my life.

She tells me at least once a month she wants me to do her hair for her funeral. I will do it and I won't use any hairspray.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Awww...sweet Bev. That's tough, but you're doing the right thing.

BTW, do you know the Vick's trick to avoid odors?

Unknown said...

now i know how you've learned to put up with me... or maybe putting up with me helps you love her?

great post, bev...

beverlyj said...

Yep I know about the Vick's but it makes my nose run when I put it on. A runny nose while leaning over someone to shampoo them can spell disaster. Liking like a dollop of snot in your do.

Becky, you don't ever tell me you hate my hair, my butt is big, and you don't smell like pee and B.O. I can deal with ANYTHING afer that lol.

Lauren said...

So good, Bev.



and a little snot helps it hold.

love you!

My life may seem a little messy looking from the outside in. Trust me, I know where everthing is at :)